The moment we have all been waiting for…
At last from Monday 29th March we can start to get back to the club and use our boats, but we must continue to exercise caution, remembering that not all our staff or members have yet received the first dose of a vaccine.
From Monday 29th March
- Visit the club without having to make an appointment, remembering to swipe in to register your presence or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet outside with up to 6 people from different households or with people from one other household but must socially distance from each other
- Take your boat out of the Haven or launch from the slipway or beach
- Access the club via the beach gate, but remember to padlock it behind you at all times and register your attendance at email@example.com
- Access the toilets in the changing rooms
From Thursday 1st April
- Bring your dinghy down to the club and park it in its allocated space – if you haven’t received your notification in the post then call the office before coming down
- Order and collect takeaway food and drink from the clubhouse (bar and catering will be open for takeaway from 10:00 until 18:00)
For the time being, you cannot
- Use the changing rooms or showers – they are available only in an emergency and for now you’ll need to change at home or in the car park
- Enter the clubhouse except to use the toilets in the changing rooms or to order takeaway from the order point in the lounge – YOU MUST WEAR A FACEMASK AT ALL TIMES ANYWHERE IN THE CLUBHOUSE
- Consume food or drink on the balcony – it must be taken onto the patio or your boat
- Approach a member of staff except by queuing at the office window or to order takeaway
- Stay overnight on your boat (government regulations)
You know all this by now, but we all need a reminder from time to time:
Maintain social distancing at all times
- in clubhouse, on pontoons, in boats
- please do not approach staff – contact the office if you need help (staff may not have been vaccinated as soon as older/more vulnerable members)
- wash hands
- wear face masks indoors or for 1m+
- maintain 2m social distancing with anyone not from your household
There is no change to these plans as set out in Bulletin 30.
From Monday 29th March
- Organised adult outdoor activity can restart (this is when club-organised racing and other activities can start)
- Maximum 6 people on the slipway at any time
From Tuesday 30th March - cruisers
- Race 1 of Cruiser Early Summer Series (cruiser class captain and volunteer teams will contact those involved)
- With just 2 Sundays left in the Cruiser Early Spring Sunday series, this series will be reduced to 2 races only on 4th and 11th April.
From Thursday 1st April - dinghies
- Dinghy sailors may put their boats in their assigned spaces
- Saturday 3rd April – Races 1 & 2 of dinghy Saturday spring series
- Monday 5th April – Race 1 of dinghy Monday evening spring series
- Thursday 8th April – Race 1 of dinghy Thursday evening spring series including youth racing group
- Wednesday 14th April – Youth section training starts with a boat check (look for detailed separate communication from Sarah Agnew)
- Friday 23rd April – first Friendly Friday meet
Cruiser racing and dinghy racing will be conducted in line with lockdown rules as set out in the RYA’s roadmap out of lockdown
Constraints on safety, with regard to conditions such as maximum wind speed advisories, will be communicated via class captains and race officers on the day. RYA risk assessment for mixed household sailing can be found:
Future Phased Opening
Bar and restaurant
As the government signals each of the steps to relaxing lockdown, we look forward to offering indoor table service lunchtime and evening from 17th May (at the earliest).
Meanwhile we’ll be offering takeaway service from 1st April and looking at outdoor table service from 12th April. More on that after Easter.
Showers and changing rooms
We should be able to use the changing rooms from 12th April, though the availability of the showers will have to wait longer.
Events such as the Osprey/Fireball Open on 29th/30th May and the Topper Traveller event on 5th/6th June are scheduled to take place, but with rule of 6 applying inside and outside at the club. Larger numbers of people for events such as weddings and parties may be possible depending on government announcements for 21st June.
Keeping you posted
We will update us all at the earliest opportunity as we proceed along the pathway.
This bulletin now replaces the website FAQs
If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office, or myself.
This has been a long, long journey, but there is now light at the end of the tunnel.
Thank you for your continuing understanding and support.
With very best regards and all good wishes