Visiting by land
If you are in Poole, whether travelling by boat or car, The Poole Yacht Club is well worth a visit. However all visitors wishing to make use of the bar and catering facilities must be signed in to the Visitors Book kept on the ground floor adjacent to the Main Office, (normal licencing regulations apply).
If in doubt please contact The Manager.
Poole Yacht Club is easy to find, being located directly adjacent to the Cross Channel Ferry Terminal.
As you approach Poole follow signs for the cross channel ferry.
There are two bridges to cross, the Lifting Bridge and the Twin Sails Bridge.
If the road signs indicate crossing via the Lifting Bridge is clear, cross the bridge, take the next left turn and then the next right, as you near the ferry terminal you’ll pass under a large green gantry over the road with the words "Welcome to the Port of Poole" emblazoned on it.
Directly after this you’ll cross a railway line and find yourselves at a roundabout. Turn right at the roundabout and follow the road to the very end where you’ll find The Poole Yacht Club.
If you are directed over the new Twin Sails Bridge turn left when you reach Blandford Road, at the mini roundabout go straight over, take the next right, right at the roundabout and follow the road to the end.
Visiting by Sea
Our members are often on their travels themselves, when they are away we are happy to allocate their berth or mooring to visitors. Call Sign: Pike, we listen on Channel M, 80 VHF.
When you are visiting ask if there is a function during your stay, if there is you’d be most welcome to join in with us, we’re a friendly bunch.
If you are alocated a mooring please use your own lines. A free on-demand launch service is available from 0800 until dusk.
From the Harbour Entrance follow The Main Channel towards The Dock Area; you’ll see Poole Quay to the right.
Keep the Ferry Berth to your right and continue along Wareham Channel.
Not far now, have you called Pike on Channel M to find out your berth?
The Poole Yacht Club occupies the last area along this stretch of reclaimed land. Next to the entrance is our Race Hut, easily visible to the left (west) of our entrance.
Remember from seaward the main pontoons read left to right, D to A. Even berth numbers are to the left of the pontoon, odd to the right.
We listen on Channel M, 80 VHF.
The Yacht Haven
New Harbour Road West
Office Opening Hours
Bar Opening Hours
A useful read is The Poole Harbour Guide, ask for a free ‘paper’ version at The Haven Office
We extend a warm welcome to visitors from other recognised yacht clubs. Please note the following :
- All visiting yachts must seek prior approval before entering the yacht haven by calling "PIKE" on Channel M or 80 VHF.
- Visitors will be allocated a vacant members berth or mooring, if one is available, or asked to go alongside the waiting pontoon. All visitors must report to the Haven Office or the Main Office located inside the front entrance to the clubhouse after berthing
- All yachts entering the haven must be insured against third party claims for a minimum £3,000,000.
- The limited car parking is strictly reserved for members only, visiting yachts vehicles must be parked outside the Club’s premises. (A large PHC car park is situated a short distance from the Club). The committee reserve the right to wheel clamp any unauthorised vehicle found on club premises, for which a cash release fee based on £20.00 per day, or part of a day, is payable.
- All visitors wishing to make use of the bar and catering facilities must be signed in to the visitors book kept on the ground floor adjacent to the main office, (normal licencing regulations apply).