Covid-19 Bulletin: 32
With the Government’s announcement this week that the country will be moving to Step 3 of the roadmap out of lockdown from Monday 17th May 2021, you will see further relaxation of covid restrictions at the Club.
On behalf of the Covid group and General Committee, it is so pleasing to be able to issue this Bulletin to us all…
Table service for food and drinks indoors and outdoors
Mon – Sat 10 a.m. – 10 p.m. Sun 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Mon – Sun noon – 3 p.m. Mon – Fri 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Please book by calling 01202 672687 to avoid disappointment in case all tables are occupied (we are not allowed to provide service at the bar, just yet)
Fuller details on the website
- Takeaway service continues
- Showers and changing rooms are back in use
- Rule of 6 and facemasks with 1m+ apply anywhere indoors (you may remove your facemask once seated)
- Groups of up to 30 can meet outside
- Mixed households can operate in safety boats and race hut
Open events at the Club can restart
A chance for us all to be part of something as a Club, together!
From Monday 17th May
- Visit the club whenever you like. Please remember to swipe in to register your presence or email your details and those of your guests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access the Clubhouse through the front entrance
- Meet indoors with up to 6 people
- Meet outdoors in groups of up 30
- Use the beach gate, but remember to padlock it behind you at all times and register your attendance at email@example.com
- Access the changing rooms and use the showers
Huge progress has been made against the virus in England through our compliance with lockdown rules and the vaccination programme. Just because we can do something doesn’t mean we must, so please continue to exercise caution. Remember not everyone, including our staff, has yet received a vaccine.
I make no apology for sounding like an old record, but just a reminder:
Maintain social distancing at all times
- in clubhouse, the yard and haven
- please do not approach staff – contact the office if you need help (staff may not have been vaccinated as soon as older/more vulnerable members)
- wash hands regularly
- wear face masks indoors or for 1m+ unless seated
- as much as possible maintain 2m social distancing with anyone not from your household
Keeping you posted
The final step in the roadmap is due to be on Monday 21st June 2021, when the Government plans to announce their guidance on any remaining limits on social contact.
We’ll let you know in due course how this may affect activity at our Club.
You can find more information and latest updates on forthcoming events at the Club
Thank you, to you the members, who have been so considerate and understanding during this year of lockdown.
We can now look forward to enjoying again the delights of our fantastic Club and being on the water…..Summer is coming!
With very best regards