Poole Yacht Club Mirror
PYC Mirrors are a growing group of young sailors, of all abilities who want to learn the skills needed in a double-handed boat and have fun.
We meet on a Wednesday evening and are lucky to have spare boats so come along and have a sail.
If you have a Mirror and would like to get involved please contact Steve Bland (who will arrange a boat safety check) or if you haven't got a boat just come at 5.30 on a Wednesday and join in. Helpers are always very welcome, especially if you have a PB2 or are a dinghy sailor.
- Sunday 11th August - Registration & Equipment Inspection
- Monday 12th August - Racing
- Tuesday 13th August - Racing
- Wednesday 14th August - Racing, followed by Prizegiving.
The social programme
- Monday afternoon/evening - Waterwars & AGM, followed by BBQ and social
- Tuesday afternoon/evening - harbour islands cruise for Mirrors, kayaks, stand-up paddleboards etc.
In the Mirror Group we teach the RYA syllabus from complete beginners to level 3.
There is something for everyone and we try to alternate our training with fun sessions, harbour cruises, and a few games and informal races.
Age ranges from 7 or 8 upwards.
Portsmouth Number: 1385
|Sail Area||Sq. Feet||Sq. Meters|
|Jib / Genoa||20||1.9|
Weight(min): 100lb 45.5KG