Can I come to the Club?
You are welcome to enjoy your Club, provided you are well. If you are unwell, please stay at home. If you have developed fever, persistent cough or loss of taste within 5 days of being at the club, please inform us on 01202 672687Face Coverings:Please wear a face covering in all of our buildings, including toilets and changing rooms.Social Distancing
By law, you must not meet with more than 6 people from outside of your household or bubble. This means no groups of more that 6 people are allowed at the Club
Can I sail?
Yes. Follow the restrictions and suggestions below.
You may sail as you wish, within the government rules concerning groups of 6, social distancing, households and bubbles. If you plan to stay overnight, please email the Club with crew names and car registration details.
You must be able to maintain social distancing on your boat.
- Maximum average wind strength 20 knots
- spinnakers at the discretion of the RO in consultation with the Cruiser Class Captain
- Maintain 1m social distance
- Face coverings if closer than 2 m
- Max 6 on a boat from different households or bubbles
- Decontaminate the boat after racing or leave it for 72 hours
HauloutsContact the office by phone or email
Launch service to Swing Moorings
- If possible use your own tender to access your swinging mooring
- Launch hours are:
Mon - Wed – 08:30 -16:00
Thur - Sun – 08:30 - Dusk.
- Maintain Social distancing at all times
- Maximum 2 people and from same household plus driver in the launch at any time
- Maximum luggage one small pack or bag – plan your trip to bring the boat in to the waiting pontoon to load and unload provisions, people and equipment
- Follow the launch driver’s instructions
- Board the launch before the driver, sit as far aft as possible
- Climb aboard your boat from the aft step in the launch to maintain social distance from the driver.
- No maximum group size on the water, can be mixed household crew and helm. It is the sailors responsibility to follow the RYA guidance and risk mitigations for mixed household crews.
Read the RYA Guidance
- Maximum group size of 6 people on land
- Maximum of 3 groups of 6 on land at any one time. Request a 3-hour group time slot on Facebook, to prevent wait times due to lots of groups at the same time.
- Maximum of 6 people on the slipway, please wait until boats are recovered/launched before entering the slipway.
- Individual sailors only restricted by social distancing and slipway numbers i.e. you cannot all launch and recover together
- Class captains can organise their own racing for solo or same-household boats, within the regulations." Class Captains can request safety cover for class organised events via email@example.com
Adult TrainingContact firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth TrainingLast session 11th September
Friendly Fridays/Social SundaysEvening sailing has finished but Social Sundays have started.
Trophy RacesAll were rescheduled. Only the wind prevented them all being run
Hiring Club DinghiesLasers, Fusions and Rigiflexes are available for hire.
To minimise the risk of infection from the covid 19 virus, all surfaces including the covers must be sprayed and wiped down before and after use. Cleaning products and a cloth have been placed in each boat for this purpose.
Open EventsNot possible
Regattas and PartiesNot possible
Entrance GatesOpen as usual
You must register your attendance by either using your club card at the main gate or by emailing the names of all in your party to email@example.com.. This applies to members, children and guests and is for the Track and Trace system. Please lock the beach gate.
OfficeOpen as usual with a perspex Covid-19 screen. Call 01202 672687
ClubhouseOpen but undergoing refurbishment.
The main entrance and changing room doors are open as usual. Please wear a mask.
Catering may be accessed from the main entrance or the west balcony door
The lift is working normally
ToiletsOpen as usual. Please wear a mask, wash your hands and observe social distancing.
- Maximum of 6 people at a time
- Please stay within your marked space
- Wear a mask
- Be as quick as you can to make room for others
- Spray and wipe down surfaces after use
- Do not leave your kit, as it will prevent others from using the facility
ShowersClosedBar and CateringTable service only
Read Bar and Catering opening hours and menu.Sailing OfficeOpen for races and training
Contact details; firstname.lastname@example.orgHaven OfficeOpen as usual.Race HutOpen with social distancing and reduced capacity
Conditions of Club Use under Covid-19 Restrictions
- IF YOU FEEL AT ALL UNWELL OR HAVE A FEVER, COUGH OR COLD DO NOT COME
- 2 metres social distancing or 1 metre plus
- Pontoons. People coming ashore have right of way.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times in the clubhouse or in the toilets (these may only be removed once seated at your table in the restaurant)
- Contact Office on 01202 672687 if you have been to the Club and develop possible Covid-19 symptoms so that we can take steps to reduce the risks to others